Did you know that most iPod Touch microphones are compatible with the Apple iPad? The iPad uses the same technology that allows external microphones to work with the iPod Touch.
Since the iPad comes with a built in microphone, you might be asking youself:
Why would you need an external mic for your iPad?
There are a number of reason to buy an additional microphone for you iPad including:
- An external microphone for the iPad cuts out more background noise than the built in mic.
- Even though the iPad's mic is great, an external microphone can be positioned directly in front of your mouth.
- If you want to have a private conversation on your iPad in a crowded room a headphone/microphone is a must.
- When making a call it is easier to cover the external microphone if you don't want the listener to hear something.
- Some external microphones have clips so even if you are moving around with your iPad you will be able to talk directly into the mic.
- If your iPad is in your backpack some microphones allow you to remotely answer calls and browse your music.
Like we said most of our iTouch mics are compatible with the iPad. However, here is a list of the iPad compatible microphones as specified by the manufacturer.
iPad Compatible Microphones
JBuds J3M High End Headphones with Inline Microphone
VeriCorder Directional Mini iPod Touch Microphone
V-Moda Faze Headphones with Microphone
Mini Thumbtack Microphones for the iPod Touch
Atomic Bass Earphones with Built in Microphone for iPod Touch
Mini Capsule Microphone for iPod Touch
Apple’s Stock iPod Touch Headphones and Microphone
iPod Touch In-ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote